After 15 or so years, I gave up smoking. Here is my experience so far:
– the first three days are hard! My peak was day 2, I had some insane cravings.
– The positive effects are visible immediately. I got tons of energy I never knew I had in less than a week.
– After a while, you start to wonder why you smoked in the first place.
– Smoking is not free, suddenly you have lots more money (I bought lots of guitar equipment with the money I have saved).
– Smoking should be illegal, let’s face it, it IS a DRUG, and a hard one at that.
Consider giving up smoking NOW, it will only do you good.